- A fluid equivalent to blood in most invertebrates, occupying the hemocoel.More example sentences
- The researchers need to gather thousands of the insects to get just a few milliliters of the insect's blood, called hemolymph, which is the green liquid in the vial.
- Prior to ablation a control serum profile showed little if any detectable yolk protein in hemolymph of the shrimp.
- Hemolymph was extracted from males by making a small incision in the outside margin of one of the hind wings (usually the right), and drawing hemolymph from the wound by using a microhematocrit capillary tube.
More definitions of hemolymphDefinition of hemolymph in:
- The British & World English dictionary