Definition of hemorrhoid in English:
A swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus. Also (collectively) called piles.
- You may have to strain, which can be painful and cause bleeding or haemorrhoids (swollen veins in the anus, also known as piles).
- This lack of fibre contributes directly to the common diseases of gall stones, appendicitis, haemorrhoids, diverticular disease and cancer of the colon.
- When the veins of this network become swollen with blood, haemorrhoids occur.
- Example sentences
- Venous stasis and dilation and the distal movement of the anal cushions, eventually followed by prolapse, result in chronic hemorrhoidal disease.
- The study comprised 100 consecutive patients with hemorrhoidal disease.
- Unfortunately, some patients seem to think that occasional hematochezia is normal, probably because hemorrhoidal bleeding is so common.
Definition of hemorrhoid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.