Definition of hemorrhoid in English:
A swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus. Also (collectively) called piles.
- You may have to strain, which can be painful and cause bleeding or haemorrhoids (swollen veins in the anus, also known as piles).
- This lack of fibre contributes directly to the common diseases of gall stones, appendicitis, haemorrhoids, diverticular disease and cancer of the colon.
- When the veins of this network become swollen with blood, haemorrhoids occur.
- Example sentences
- Venous stasis and dilation and the distal movement of the anal cushions, eventually followed by prolapse, result in chronic hemorrhoidal disease.
- The study comprised 100 consecutive patients with hemorrhoidal disease.
- Unfortunately, some patients seem to think that occasional hematochezia is normal, probably because hemorrhoidal bleeding is so common.
Definition of hemorrhoid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan