Definition of hemostasis in English:
The stopping of a flow of blood.
- The evolving understanding of the body's response at the molecular level continues to reveal common pathways between infection, inflammation, and hemostasis.
- At the junction of the flowing blood and extracellular space, the endothelium is a dynamic organ that modulates local hemostasis, cell trafficking, and microcirculatory blood flow.
- The procedure requires meticulous dissection and exhaustive hemostasis to prevent damage to adjacent structures.
- Example sentences
- This platelet release reaction and aggregation lead to the recruitment of many other platelets to the vessel wall with the formation of a hemostatic platelet plug.
- These patients may warrant periodic review of hemostatic parameters, especially platelet counts.
- However, how much these changes contribute to poor post transfusion survival and haemostatic function of platelets need to be investigated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.