- An instrument for preventing the flow of blood from an open blood vessel by compression of the vessel.More example sentences
- If injecting a corticosteroid after aspiration, a hemostat is used to stabilize the needle while the syringe is changed.
- In contrast, although not originally intended as permanent implants, in practice bioabsorbable hemostats are often left in the surgical bed to prevent rebleeding after surgical closure.
- The tourniquet then is tightened and secured by perpendicularly placing a hemostat at the end of the catheter farthest from the vessel.
More definitions of hemostatDefinition of hemostat in:
- The British & World English dictionary