- A nettlelike plant of the mint family, native to Eurasia but introduced elsewhere.
More example sentences
- Genus Galeopsis, family Labiatae: several species, including G. tetrahit, found in waste areas of southern Canada and the northern US
- Common hemp-nettle seed mixed with soil and stirred periodically emerged mainly from March to May.
- A definite characteristic of hemp-nettles is that the stem is swollen below each node.
- Bifid hemp-nettle usually has pink flowers, while North American populations of hemp-nettle usually have white flowers.