Definition of henbit in English:
A dead-nettle with purple flowers and partly prostrate stems, native to Eurasia, several kinds of which have become widely naturalized in North America.
- Genus Lamium, family Labiatae: several species, in particular L. amplexicaule
- Many winter annual weeds, including common chickweed, purple deadnettle, henbit, and cressleaf groundsel, have become increasingly problematic in corn, soybean, and wheat production.
- Then winter arrives - usually for about two weeks - and we get new weeds - chickweed, henbit and annual bluegrass.
- Weeds such as henbit and pennycress are winter annuals that generally emerge in the fall.
Definition of henbit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan