Relating to heraldry.
- The heraldic devices of the lancet tops and in the tracery lights represent other of Louis's and Francoise's possessions and ancestors.
- Worn with military uniform are government decorations, insignia, distinctive devices and other military heraldic symbols established under prescribed regulations.
- Certainly, heraldry was known and studied in America at the time of the Revolution, as is indicated by the relatively large number of surviving silver and ceramic pieces with heraldic devices on them.
- Example sentences
- The two primary ruling families of sixteenth-century Europe, the Hapsburgs and the Valois, are represented heraldically above the doors aligned along the villa's central front-to-back longitudinal axis.
- One stamp contains an image of a lion fish, heraldically striped.
- The entrance is heraldically framed by the stubby rounded shapes of the vomitoria, clad in dark blue metal over red brick plinths.
Definition of heraldic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.