Definition of herb in English:
1Any plant with leaves, seeds, or flowers used for flavoring, food, medicine, or perfume: bundles of dried herbs [as modifier]: a formal herb garden
More example sentences
- I also find the green leaves of ivy, herbs and other plants are beautiful as well.
- You can take time to select chocolate or apple mint, lemon basil, and pungent garlic from an herb garden.
- This article explains how to start an indoor herb garden from plants or seed and how to properly care for it.
2 Botany Any seed-bearing plant that does not have a woody stem and dies down to the ground after flowering.
- A higher mesophyll resistance in woody plants than in herbs, and in sclerophylls than in mesophytes, has been reported.
- Many vascular epiphytes share the understorey environment with terrestrial herbs, shrubs and tree seedlings.
- There will also be plants grown especially for the vegetable plot as well as herbs, herbaceous perennials and shrubs.
Definition of herb in:
- British & World English dictionary