Definition of herbal in English:
Relating to or made from herbs, especially those used in cooking and medicine: herbal remedies
More example sentences
- Some traditional medical practitioners use herbal medicines and set broken bones.
- Do no take this herb or other herbal remedies without first speaking to your health provider.
- Trials of many Chinese herbal medicines for the treatment of HIV infection and cancer are currently under way.
nounBack to top
A book that describes herbs and their culinary and medicinal properties.
- Varro E. Tyler became dismayed by the proliferation of ‘inaccurate and deceptive information’ and wrote the first edition of The Honest Herbal in 1982 for the general public.
- Hitherto, evidence of the crops grown in medieval times has come from the analysis of charred and waterlogged remains from excavations, occasional herbarium specimens, descriptions in herbals and botanical inference.
- Modern herbals give it no medicinal value, but traditionally it was valued for healing wounds.
Words that rhyme with herbalburble, verbal
Definition of herbal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan