- 1The study or practice of the medicinal and therapeutic use of plants; herbalism.More example sentences
- The therapies increasing the most included herbal medicine, massage, megavitamins, self-help groups, folk remedies, energy healing and homeopathy.
- Modulation in herbal medicine means to counteract the effects of stress and bring a process back to normal levels.
- We had been introduced to alternative medicine as a possible cure for Spence's asthma and became interested in the history of herbal medicine.
- 1.1Remedies and medicines made from plants: traditional doctors prescribe herbal medicine for the prevention and treatment of illness treatment with herbal medicinesMore example sentences
- His father was a blacksmith and his mother a wise-woman who used herbal medicines to cure common illnesses.
- None of these herbal medicines is free of adverse effects.
- Some traditional medical practitioners use herbal medicines and set broken bones.
More definitions of herbal medicineDefinition of herbal medicine in:
- The British & World English dictionary