1The study or practice of the medicinal and therapeutic use of plants; herbalism.
- He is also a healer, who practices herbal medicine.
- Its bark also contains valuable pain relieving properties, exploited for centuries in traditional herbal medicine.
- This useful book aims to make the 3,000-year-old tradition of Chinese herbal medicine accessible to almost everyone.
1.1Remedies and medicines made from plants: traditional doctors prescribe herbal medicine for the prevention and treatment of illness treatment with herbal medicines
More example sentences
- There is a space for staff to prepare over sixty ayurvedic herbal medicines, using more than eighty herbal ingredients gathered or purchased locally.
- Herbal medicines have a reputation for being "safe."
- Plenty of people assume that the pharmaceuticals their doctors prescribe are better than herbal medicines.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: herb·al med·i·cine
Definition of herbal medicine in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.