1A practitioner of herbalism.
- Throughout the century, homeopathists, herbalists, practitioners of electro-magnetism, and other unorthodox healers continued to attract patients and test the reach of the law.
- Ryan Drum, PHD has been a professional wildcrafter, herbal educator, and practicing medical herbalist for over 20 years after a successful career as an academic research scientist.
- There are plenty of herbal books and practicing herbalists that can educate a layperson about contraindications.
1.1A dealer in medicinal herbs.
- Helen Young, a herbalist at Herbie's Herbs in Toronto, says the best approach, before you go taking any chemicals or supplements, is to check for nutritional difficulties and adjust your diet accordingly.
- That's why in some countries, there is a clear difference between the pharmacies which are thought to sell conventional medicines and the herbalists' shops supposed to handle phytodrugs.
- Usually such female employment was an extension of household tasks - domestic servants, hairdressers, linen drapers, seamstresses, herbalists, and petty retailers of fruit, eggs and butter.
1.2An early botanical writer.
- The herbalist John Gerard said it is ‘white, moist, and tough, serving very well for ropes, traces, and halters’.
Words that rhyme with herbalistverbalist
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of herbalist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.