Definition of hermit thrush in English:
A small migratory North American thrush, noted for its melodious song.
- Catharus guttatus, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- How often I have longed to hear the hermit thrush, wood thrush and veery blend their ethereal voices together again!
- Some have argued that the wood thrush's close relative, the hermit thrush, is the better singer, but the hermit thrush's ethereal song strikes me as too heavenly.
- Walking among them on a summer day, you might hear the diaphanous song of a hermit thrush - if the motorboats buzzing up and down the river don't drown out the bird's voice.
Definition of hermit thrush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.