Definition of hermit thrush in English:
A small migratory North American thrush, noted for its melodious song.
- Catharus guttatus, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- How often I have longed to hear the hermit thrush, wood thrush and veery blend their ethereal voices together again!
- Some have argued that the wood thrush's close relative, the hermit thrush, is the better singer, but the hermit thrush's ethereal song strikes me as too heavenly.
- Walking among them on a summer day, you might hear the diaphanous song of a hermit thrush - if the motorboats buzzing up and down the river don't drown out the bird's voice.
Definition of hermit thrush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan