Definition of hero worship in English:
verb(hero-worship) [with object] Back to top
Admire (someone) excessively.
- She was a devoted mother who hero-worshipped her children, and they similarly worshipped her.
- In the global village of the 21st century, footie fans have become ambassadors for their country as they track their beloved teams and hero-worshipped players across the world.
- That's what happened to City fan Paul Butler, who during the 1980s hero-worshipped Keith Walwyn to such an extent he even wrote a song about him and sent it to the City legend.
- Example sentences
- They are hero-worshippers that follow the impressive older animals about, in the process learning the locations of the seasonal grazing areas they use.
- And courtesy Bhandarkar, a nation of hero-worshippers got a peek into the life of their icons, but what they saw were only feet of clay.
- Yes, all heroic exaltation is dangerous, but the danger is not to the hero-worshipers, but to the hero.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan