- A type of verse used for epic or heroic subjects, such as the dactylic hexameter, iambic pentameter, or alexandrine. Also called heroic meter.More example sentences
- His formula for modern heroic verse, proclaimed up front in the essay, was, in short: more dactyls than trochees, and more trochees than spondees.
- What is the burlesque verse in English, is the heroic verse in French.
- He believes that iambic pentameter is the most suited to heroic verse, especially in English, and that rhyme should be consistent and regular.
More definitions of heroic verseDefinition of heroic verse in:
- The British & World English dictionary