- Treat or represent as a hero: the father is heroized for long forbearanceMore example sentences
- Instinctively, I resist heroizing people who have that much power.
- Even though quite explicit about the ‘violence’ of the Romans, Plutarch establishes the tradition of legitimizing and even heroizing the rape from the perspective of future history.
- Chapters three and four discuss the image of the pirate as constructed in trials and the press, showing how late seventeenth-century sea-rovers William Kidd and Henry Avery were heroized.
More definitions of heroizeDefinition of heroize in:
- The British & World English dictionary