Definition of heron in English:
A large fish-eating wading bird with long legs, a long S-shaped neck, and a long pointed bill.
- Family Ardeidae (the heron family): several genera and numerous species, including the great blue heron (Ardea herodias)
- The Cattle Egret is a small heron, usually found near grazing mammals.
- Unlike most herons, the Green Heron does not typically nest in large colonies.
- It was one of the trees that often allowed a heron or egret a perch during the summer, but they were all gone now.
Words that rhyme with heronperron
Definition of heron in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan