noun (plural hesperidia /-ˌhespəˈridēə/)Botany
- A fruit with sectioned pulp inside a separable rind, e.g., an orange or grapefruit.More example sentences
- It includes notes of hesperidia with undertones of jasmine and chamomile blossom over a soft musk base note.
- In the hesperidium, the layer of endocarp lining the outside of the locule grow as hairs that project into the locule.
- In citrus hesperidia, the creasing of albedo appears to be strictly related to a decrease of cell wall pectins beyond a critical level.
More definitions of hesperidiumDefinition of hesperidium in:
- The British & World English dictionary