adjective[predic.] • informal
- Angry and agitated: her husband is all het up about somethingMore example sentences
- Then I get all het up and angry and upset and frustrated and full of rage and have to remind myself that this imagined conversation never actually took place.
- Everyone was fairly het up and agitated by that point.
- It's all too easy to get het up and angry with an organisation.
mid 19th century: from dialect het 'heated, hot', surviving in Scots.
More definitions of het upDefinition of het up in:
- The British & World English dictionary