Definition of heteropteran in English:
A bug of the group Heteroptera.
- As a result, verifying if relationships between ants and certain heteropterans are reciprocal has become a challenging field of scientific inquiry.
- Last male sperm precedence is found in other heteropterans studied and is relevant here because males that have recently mated with the egg-laying female may accept the eggs because of high expected paternity.
- Phytoseiid mites and heteropteran bugs are frequently part of the enemy complex of herbivorous arthropods in agroecosystems.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting heteropterans.
- Phyllomorpha laciniata is a heteropteran species characterized by an atypical behavior among insects.
- It is an heteropteran bug known as Corizus hyoscyamii.
- Example sentences
- It has been reported since the 1930s that certain heteropterous insects cause damage to wheat cultivars.
- Their potential to limit outbreaks of heteropterous pests is discussed.
- The most abundant insects are heteropterous Belostomatidae, Corixidae, Naucoridae, and extinct Enicocoridae.
Definition of heteropteran in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan