- 1 Biology Of or relating to heterosis (hybrid vigor).More example sentences
- These two strains are quite divergent for various qualitative and quantitative traits and produce highly heterotic hybrids when they are crossed and are being used as parental strains to construct the mapping population.
- It was concluded that heterozygotes were not necessarily advantageous for trait performance even among genotypes derived from such a highly heterotic hybrid.
- If modulation of the GA level is the underlying basis of heterosis, then the d1 / d1 hybrids should experience little or no heterotic response relative to d1 / d1 inbreds.
- 2 Physics Of or relating to a theory of cosmic strings that combines elements of two earlier models.More example sentences
- The most studied superstring compactification is heterotic string theory compactified on a Calabi-Yau space in six-dimensions (or three complex dimensions).
- These two types of closed string modes are called right-movers and left-movers, and this difference will be important later in the supersymmetric heterotic string theory.
- These theories are called heterotic superstring theories.
More definitions of heteroticDefinition of heterotic in:
- The British & World English dictionary