Definition of heuchera in English:
A North American plant with dark green round or heart-shaped leaves and slender stems of tiny flowers.
- Genus Heuchera, family Saxifragaceae: many species, including the white-flowered alpine heuchera (H. glabra) of the Pacific Northwest. See also alumroot, coral bells
- Ferns, hostas, camellias, pieris, heucheras and many others can provide foliage interest, while flowering interest can come from fuchsias, lilies and impatiens.
- Even though they have small flowers, hummingbirds like heucheras.
- In the bed above, deep pink primroses play off the purple-leafed heuchera, pale yellow daffodils, and pink azaleas.
modern Latin, named after Johann H. von Heucher (1677–1747), German botanist.
Definition of heuchera in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan