Definition of heuchera in English:
A North American plant with dark green round or heart-shaped leaves and slender stems of tiny flowers.
- Genus Heuchera, family Saxifragaceae: many species, including the white-flowered alpine heuchera (H. glabra) of the Pacific Northwest. See also alumroot, coral bells
- Ferns, hostas, camellias, pieris, heucheras and many others can provide foliage interest, while flowering interest can come from fuchsias, lilies and impatiens.
- Even though they have small flowers, hummingbirds like heucheras.
- In the bed above, deep pink primroses play off the purple-leafed heuchera, pale yellow daffodils, and pink azaleas.
Modern Latin, named after Johann H. von Heucher (1677–1747), German botanist.
Definition of heuchera in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.