- A plane figure with six straight sides and angles.More example sentences
- The design radiates symmetrically from a central point and is constructed from a pattern of circles, equilateral triangles, squares, hexagons and/or six-pointed stars.
- For example, 10 carbon atoms can be arranged into two conjoined hexagons, each hexagon sharing two carbon atoms with the other.
- Carbon atoms are linked into hexagons, and the hexagonal pattern makes up the walls of a cylinder only nanometers wide.
late 16th century: via late Latin from Greek hexagōnon, neuter (used as a noun) of hexagōnos 'six-angled'.
More definitions of hexagonDefinition of hexagon in:
- The British & World English dictionary