Definition of hexagonal in English:
1.2Designating or pertaining to a crystal system in which three coplanar axes of equal length are separated by 60° and a fourth axis of a different length is at right angles to these.
- Cystine crystals are clear, colorless hexagonal plates, often appearing in layers.
- We applied a swelling method to help determine the relative phases of the diffraction peaks along the crystal axis perpendicular to the hexagonal base.
- These quartz crystals from Cumberland appear to possess normal hexagonal symmetry.
- Example sentences
- Structurally, graphite consists of sheets of carbon atoms linked hexagonally like chicken wire.
- Osmium is heavy, metallic, and has hexagonally organized atoms.
- Thicker hexagonally shaped ice crystals indicate a higher concentration of ice-growth inhibitors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan