Definition of hexane in English:
A colorless liquid hydrocarbon of the alkane series.
- Chemical formula: C6H14; five isomers, especially the straight-chain isomer (n-hexane)
- Solvents permitted in the UK for extraction include acetone, hexane, ethyl acetate, ethyl alcohol, and carbon dioxide.
- Some manufacturers use toxic chemicals like hexane or acetone and are not required by the Food and Drug Administration to list them on the label if they account for less than 2 percent of ingredients.
- The hexane was evaporated under a gentle stream of nitrogen gas before adding 0.1 ml of ethyl ether and 0.1 ml 0.1 M of KOH in methanol and heating the samples for 5 min at 50°.
Definition of hexane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.