noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- Of or denoting an alkyl radical —Co6H13, derived from hexane.More example sentences
- However, during a 24 h topical application of ALA methyl, ethyl, propyl or hexyl ester, no PpIX fluorescence above autofluorescence level was measured in skin outside the application area or in other organs.
- Iontophoresis of the methyl, ethyl, butyl and hexyl esters of ALA induced significantly enhanced delivery compared with that of ALA itself.
- The activity of three formulations of MCPA, the acid form, the dimethylamine salt and the 2-ethyl hexyl ester have been investigated in several studies described herein.
More definitions of hexylDefinition of hexyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary