(also hiatal hernia)
- The protrusion of an organ, typically the stomach, through the esophageal opening in the diaphragm.More example sentences
- This is called a hiatus hernia, and it causes pain and heartburn.
- The only problem with highly concentrated tomato products is that they may aggravate acid-related conditions like indigestion, hiatus hernia and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Most of the time, reflux is associated with hiatus hernia or prolapse of stomach into the food pipe, which is quite troublesome.
More definitions of hiatus herniaDefinition of hiatus hernia in:
- The British & World English dictionary