noun (plural hibachis)
- 1A portable cooking apparatus consisting of a small grill over a brazier.More example sentences
- Never use a hibachi or barbecue grill inside a home, vehicle, or garage.
- The griddle-tossed meats and vegetables typical of hibachi cooking can all end up tasting pretty much the same.
- Place some chocolate fondue into a small hibachi and drizzle with white chocolate.
- 1.1(In Japan) a large earthenware pan or brazier in which charcoal is burned to provide indoor heating.More example sentences
- I got an armchair and a desk and an electric fire, for the hibachi is cold comfort in the winter.
mid 19th century: Japanese hibachi, hi-hachi, from hi 'fire' + hachi 'bowl, pot'.
More definitions of hibachiDefinition of hibachi in:
- The British & World English dictionary