1A company’s funds that are not declared on its balance sheet.
- The bank intends to remedy that with profitability increases through cost reductions and the liquidation of hidden reserves by selling off industrial holdings valued at 65 billion marks.
- Councils which are imposing tax rises of up to 7% this spring have built up hidden reserves of £1.4bn in their bank accounts, which could be used to cut bills, Scotland on Sunday can reveal.
- The provinces argue Ottawa is has plenty of hidden reserves, including underestimated revenues totalling $73 billion over 10 years.
1.1Mental or physical capabilities beyond those normally available to someone: hidden reserves of power
More example sentences
- Tapping hidden reserves of strength, i managed to pick the woman off the floor and put her back in the… err… safe… er… hands of her partner.
- The exercise, which was held at the end of May, is designed to test, stress and call upon the hidden reserves of the trainees over five days - and the staff of the college ensure the trainees are indeed stressed and tested.
- Art offers one of the principal means by which a people becomes aware of itself, its failings, its illusions, its collective dilemma, its hidden reserves of strength.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: hid·den re·serves
Definition of hidden reserves in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.