Definition of high school in English:
North American A school that typically comprises grades 9 through 12, attended after primary school or middle school.
- Aaron and Samantha were only a few days apart and were in the same grade in high school.
- The gap is especially pronounced for kids who attend large high schools in urban areas with lots of students from low-income families.
- They both lived in Bakersfield, California, but they attended different high schools.
high schooler noun
- Example sentences
- This beautifully written and illustrated book would serve as an excellent guide and resource for high schoolers.
- This was a place much frequented by high schoolers and college students.
- From these 20 high schoolers, four students were chosen to attend the International Chemistry Olympiad.
Definition of high school in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan