North American A school that typically comprises grades 9 through 12, attended after primary school or middle school.
More example sentences
- Aaron and Samantha were only a few days apart and were in the same grade in high school.
- The gap is especially pronounced for kids who attend large high schools in urban areas with lots of students from low-income families.
- They both lived in Bakersfield, California, but they attended different high schools.
- More example sentences
- This beautifully written and illustrated book would serve as an excellent guide and resource for high schoolers.
- This was a place much frequented by high schoolers and college students.
- From these 20 high schoolers, four students were chosen to attend the International Chemistry Olympiad.
More definitions of high schoolDefinition of high school in:
- The British & World English dictionary