verb[no object] (usually as noun high-sticking) Ice Hockey
- Strike an opponent on or above the shoulders with one’s stick, for which a penalty may be assessed.More example sentences
- The numbers are in, and some of them deserve a penalty for high-sticking.
- He said he was high-sticked, while the Swedes insist he bit his own tongue.
- The Devils need him to help the transition game, though the team scored more goals against the Leafs without him than it did when he was high-sticking
More definitions of high-stickDefinition of high-stick in:
- The British & World English dictionary