- This was associated with infection by a flatworm or fluke infection called Ribeiroia, which formed cysts near the hind legs.
- The same held true when they injected the drug into multiple ganglia that connect to the tail and hind legs.
- Herodotus rejoins that camels have four thighbones in their hind legs, and that their genitals face backwards.
- on one's hind legs
- see leg.
Middle English: perhaps shortened from Old English behindan (see behind).
Words that rhyme with hindaffined, behind, bind, blind, find, humankind, interwind, kind, mankind, mind, nonaligned, resigned, rind, unaligned, unassigned, unconfined, undefined, undersigned, undesigned, unlined, unrefined, unsigned, wynd
- In red deer, dominant hinds produce a male-biased offspring sex ratio, but only at low population density.
- In Europe, the red-deer hinds are often culled, but managers often do the shooting.
- For example, dominant red deer hinds produce more surviving offspring over their lives than do subordinates.
Late Old English hīne 'household servants', apparently from hīgna, hīna, genitive plural of hīgan, hīwan 'family members'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.