- A female domestic servant.More example sentences
- To wash a load of clothes, housewives and hired girls (slaves in the South) had to carry full buckets of water some distance.
- The hired girls especially identify with the plough; they all had to help their families with the farms: herding cattle, growing crops, and threshing wheat.
- It is for their position both in and out of Black Hawk homes that Jim comes to believe in the hired girls as a certain possibility of redemption.
More definitions of hired girlDefinition of hired girl in:
- The British & World English dictionary