- A diagram consisting of rectangles whose area is proportional to the frequency of a variable and whose width is equal to the class interval.More example sentences
- The standard procedure for generating a histogram is Graphs Histogram and then selecting the relevant variable.
- The fluorescent signals are presented as frequency distribution histograms.
- To see this more clearly we show the frequency histogram for a long cryptogram that was obtained using a Simple Substitution Cipher.
late 19th century: from Greek histos 'mast, web' + -gram1.
More definitions of histogramDefinition of histogram in:
- The British & World English dictionary