Definition of histolysis in English:
The breaking down of tissues (e.g., during animal metamorphosis).
- The early stages of metamorphosis are characterized by programmed cell death and histolysis of most larval tissues.
- In other polymorphic insects, flightless morphs result from wing muscle histolysis even though fully developed wings remain.
- Loss of the daily cyclicity in the JH titer occurs co-incident with flight muscle histolysis in the LW morph.
- Example sentences
- The acute salpingitis might be associated with nodular histolytic hyperplasia.
- The cells in LPHD known as lymphocytic and histolytic cells are proving to be distinctly different from classic Reed-Sternberg B cells.
- During embryogenesis and metamorphosis, plasmatocytes are involved in the clearance of apoptotic cells and histolytic debris.
Definition of histolysis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan