The breaking down of tissues (e.g., during animal metamorphosis).
More example sentences
- The early stages of metamorphosis are characterized by programmed cell death and histolysis of most larval tissues.
- In other polymorphic insects, flightless morphs result from wing muscle histolysis even though fully developed wings remain.
- Loss of the daily cyclicity in the JH titer occurs co-incident with flight muscle histolysis in the LW morph.
- More example sentences
- The acute salpingitis might be associated with nodular histolytic hyperplasia.
- The cells in LPHD known as lymphocytic and histolytic cells are proving to be distinctly different from classic Reed-Sternberg B cells.
- During embryogenesis and metamorphosis, plasmatocytes are involved in the clearance of apoptotic cells and histolytic debris.
Definition of histolysis in:
- The British & World English dictionary