Definition of histoplasmosis in English:
Infection by a fungus found in the droppings of birds and bats in humid areas. It is not serious if confined to the lungs but can be fatal if spread throughout the body.
- The fungus is Histoplasma capsulatum
- The fungus that causes histoplasmosis grows in the ground.
- Disseminated histoplasmosis is usually fatal if not diagnosed early and treated rapidly.
- Patients with infections, multiple sclerosis, or exposure to histoplasmosis should also be identified before using infliximab.
Definition of histoplasmosis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan