noun[treated as singular or plural]
- another term for urticaria.More example sentences
- Stress worsens many skin conditions - such as psoriasis, eczema, hives and acne - and can be a trigger for asthma attacks.
- Nettle rash (also known as hives or urticaria) is characterised by a lumpy, itchy rash with red spots.
- Doctors may also refer to it as cold-induced hives (urticaria).
early 16th century (originally Scots, denoting various conditions causing a rash, especially in children): of unknown origin.
More definitions of hivesDefinition of hives in:
- The British & World English dictionary