Definition of hoarding in English:
1A large board in a public place, used to display advertisements; a billboard.
- The hoardings display the London 2012 Candidate City logo with the words ‘Hounslow: Back the Bid’ underneath.
- The plans were lodged by Braintree Methodist Church on the open land, which is enclosed by fencing and advertisement hoardings.
- Turn right and follow the rim of the delightful Clashach Cove, whose story is displayed on an artistic hoarding.
1.1A temporary board fence erected around a building site.
- And, he says, we must learn from them in erecting hoardings.
- Bromley is currently enlisting artists to submit 8ft x 12 ft artworks on a 170 ft length on the building-site style hoardings.
- By definition, building site hoardings are rarely things of beauty.
Definition of hoarding in:
- British & World English dictionary