Definition of hoarding in English:
1A large board in a public place, used to display advertisements; a billboard.
- The hoardings display the London 2012 Candidate City logo with the words ‘Hounslow: Back the Bid’ underneath.
- The plans were lodged by Braintree Methodist Church on the open land, which is enclosed by fencing and advertisement hoardings.
- Turn right and follow the rim of the delightful Clashach Cove, whose story is displayed on an artistic hoarding.
1.1A temporary board fence erected around a building site.
- And, he says, we must learn from them in erecting hoardings.
- Bromley is currently enlisting artists to submit 8ft x 12 ft artworks on a 170 ft length on the building-site style hoardings.
- By definition, building site hoardings are rarely things of beauty.
Definition of hoarding in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan