Definition of hobblebush in English:
A North American viburnum that bears clusters of white or pink flowers and purple-black berries.
- Viburnum alnifolium, family Caprifoliaceae
- Understory vegetation is dominated by hobblebush, striped maple, mountain maple, brambles (Rubus spp.), and seedlings and saplings of the dominant tree species.
- This is a photo of the hobblebush just as the outer flowers are beginning to open.
- Shady conditions allow for less variety, but try a mix of red-berried elder, hobblebush, cedar, and choke cherry.
Definition of hobblebush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan