Definition of hobblebush in English:
A North American viburnum that bears clusters of white or pink flowers and purple-black berries.
- Viburnum alnifolium, family Caprifoliaceae
- Understory vegetation is dominated by hobblebush, striped maple, mountain maple, brambles (Rubus spp.), and seedlings and saplings of the dominant tree species.
- This is a photo of the hobblebush just as the outer flowers are beginning to open.
- Shady conditions allow for less variety, but try a mix of red-berried elder, hobblebush, cedar, and choke cherry.
Definition of hobblebush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.