1 Short for ice hockey.
- They know that putting a good hockey team on the ice is only one way to pack the house.
- His back was to her, and he was taking a few rounds of smashing a hockey puck into one of the set up goalposts from the center line.
- Firepark will be transformed from a hockey rink into a Roman arena of sensual pleasures.
2 short for field hockey.
- Admittedly, hockey is a team game, and we cannot attribute all losses just to one person.
- There is no indication what the surface was, but it served for all manner of games from football to hockey, to cricket.
- The second-half saw an excellent game of hockey with both teams determined to dominate.
Early 16th century: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with hockeychoccy, cocky, flocky, gnocchi, jockey, oche, pocky, rocky, schlocky, stocky
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan