- Of or relating to the present day.More example sentences
- This dialectical move works on many levels at once, acting to critique hodiernal life at the same time as it undermines its own critique.
- What success and progress have hodiernal China obtained?
- In the case of Athens, this is an unsuccessful hodiernal analogy, but it should also be noted that the Founding Fathers of this Republic drew valuable lessons from the age of Cicero and its antecedents.
mid 17th century: from Latin hodiernus (from hodie 'today') + -al.
More definitions of hodiernalDefinition of hodiernal in:
- The British & World English dictionary