- An instrument for observing the paths of subatomic particles, especially those arising from cosmic rays.More example sentences
- In addition, the two hodoscopes can provide time measurements with a resolution of few hundred picoseconds.
- The use of muon hodoscopes for diagnostics of active phenomena in the Earth's atmosphere will give a possibility to watch the inner atmospheric processes at principally new level.
- The ones that reach the earth, and trigger the hodoscope, are mainly muons.
early 20th century (denoting a microscope for examination of light paths in crystals): from Greek hodos 'way' + -scope. The current sense dates from the 1950s.
More definitions of hodoscopeDefinition of hodoscope in:
- The British & World English dictionary