Definition of hog deer in English:
A short-legged heavily built deer having a yellow-brown coat with darker underparts, found in grasslands and paddy fields in Southeast Asia.
- Cervus porcinus, family Cervidae
- ‘Illegal trapping and killing of wildlife in Manas has already taken a toll on larger mammals, such as the rhinoceros, tiger, swamp deer, and hog deer,’ said Narayan.
- Enclosures of the hyena, the black buck, the swamp deer, the sambar, the hog deer and the cape buffalo have been repaired and improved, while the lone African elephant has been provided a new home.
- One can watch herds of elephant, hog deer, chital, wild boar and an array of birds at Dhikala chaur (a grassland in the core area of the park) and if you are lucky, even that elusive striped predator, the tiger!
Definition of hog deer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan