Definition of hog-nosed bat in English:
A tiny insectivorous bat with a piglike nose and no tail, native to Thailand. It is the smallest known bat.
- Craseonycteris thonglongyai, the only member of the family Craseonycteridae
- The Kitti's hog-nosed bat forages for insects around the canopy of bamboo and teak trees in Thailand.
- The smallest bat is Kitti's hog-nosed bat that is the size of a jelly bean and weighs less than a penny.
- The hog-nosed bat from Thailand is probably the smallest of all bats and is among the smallest of mammals.
Definition of hog-nosed bat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan