Definition of hogweed in English:
A large, coarse, white-flowered weed of the parsley family, native to north temperate regions and formerly used as forage for pigs.
- Genus Heracleum, family Umbelliferae: several species, in particular the common European H. sphondylium and the introduced giant hogweed (H. mantegazzianum)
- We also check for poisonous plants such as hogweed which is very dangerous and has to be roped off and to make sure paths are not inaccessible or dangerous and steep banks can be dealt with.
- Included is a project to construct reed beds to help clean water courses in a local country park and another to eradicate hogweed.
- ‘Where hogweeds have established themselves, their aggressive growth and large size mean they rapidly out-compete our native plant species,’ Barratt said.
Definition of hogweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan