- 1Nonsense: they dismissed such corporate homilies as boardroom hokumMore example sentences
- That's bosh and hokum, and it does a disservice to the people.
- It's surprising, then, how a couple of strangely touching notes toward the close redeem a work that boldly straddles the line between total hokum and the very stimulating.
- There's too much of this kind of prima-donna diving going on in football already and to see a player of Kelly's outstanding calibre resort to that kind of hokum is as disappointing as it is pathetic.
- 1.1Trite, sentimental, or unrealistic situations and dialogue in a movie, play, or piece of writing: classic B-movie hokumMore example sentences
- Looking at the film now, it works beautifully as pure family entertainment, heavy on the sarcastic wit and full of unadulterated corn, cheese and hokum, especially in the final family group-hug scene.
- This film is head and shoulders above Hollywood hokum based in the same situations.
- If hokum like that can find its way into the final film, why not some more over-the-top musical numbers?
early 20th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of hokumDefinition of hokum in:
- The British & World English dictionary