Definition of home page in English:
1The introductory page of a website, typically serving as a table of contents for the site.
- There's plenty of interactivity, with message boards, chat rooms, individual home pages and regular polls.
- While much of the content on the older site remains, including search, the focus is now more on personal publishing with blogs and home pages, along with searching for people and groups.
- Outside of a few graduate students and an even smaller number of faculty, researchers in the area do not maintain weblogs or even home pages where their work can be easily accessed.
2A web page set as the default or start-up page on a browser: I love his site and it’s been my home page for years
More example sentences
- Though I don't have a home page set, the first page in my daily rounds is always the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
- It is a great way to set up your home page with portals to all the stuff you want to check every day.
- The default home page features a few preselected bookmarks to Facebook, GoodReads, Food Network and a few reference sites.
Definition of home page in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan