- An area over which an animal or group of animals regularly travels in search of food or mates, and that may overlap with those of neighboring animals or groups of the same species.More example sentences
- Males often have overlapping home ranges and compete for access to estrous females; both males and females are generally solitary.
- They are solitary animals with relatively small home ranges.
- Males often breed with several females, probably those whose home ranges overlap with their own.
More definitions of home rangeDefinition of home range in:
- The British & World English dictionary