- The government of a colony, dependent country, or region by its own citizens.More example sentences
- In 1887 a series of protests over unemployment and home rule for Ireland - an important issue given the large number of Irish immigrants - helped stoke the mood across London.
- It has allowed states to grant local governments measures of home rule, though this will differ from state to state.
- The 1886 riots were not simply the result of communal tension, but also the working out of conflict relating to the political issue of the day, the question of home rule for Ireland.
More definitions of home ruleDefinition of home rule in:
- The British & World English dictionary