nounchiefly North American
- 1The deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder: he was charged with homicide two thirds of homicides in the county were drug-relatedMore example sentences
- The principal felonies were homicide, rape, theft, burglary, robbery and arson.
- He was charged with criminal homicide and is lodged in the county prison.
- Men, on the other hand, had been sentenced to prison primarily for serious assault, drugs, homicide, and robbery.
- 1.1 (Homicide) The police department that deals with murders: a detective from HomicideMore example sentences
- Det Supt Andy Brennan, of West Yorkshire Police's Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, said the woman's injuries included a number of bruises to her body, and marks around her neck.
- Operation Recall, led by West Yorkshire Police's newly formed Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, has already resulted in two men being charged.
- One of the five detained during the weekend was held in St Vincent on Friday by two local policemen, one from Homicide, the other a detective.
- 1.2 • dated A murderer.More example sentences
- An extraordinary 40 per cent of homicides cannot remember the moment of murder.
Middle English: from Old French, from Latin homicidium, from homo, homin- 'man'.