- Coarsely ground corn used to make grits: [as modifier]: hominy gritsMore example sentences
- In this case what is being coarsely ground is hominy.
- I was up at 5:00 or 5:30 going out to the smokehouse for ham, cooking hominy grits, and making biscuits.
- We're not sure if Martin had anything to do with it, but we did find traces of hominy grits mixed in with the samples.
early 17th century: shortened from Virginia Algonquian uskatahomen.
More definitions of hominyDefinition of hominy in:
- The British & World English dictionary